Accountable Named GP for ALL Patients at Adelaide Surgery
In line with our contractual requirements all of our patients, as of the 30th June 2015, will be allocated a named and accountable GP.
Question and Answers:
- What Does Accountable Mean:
- Your named accountable GP will oversee the co-ordination of your care amongst the other health professionals.
- Does this mean that my named accountable GP will take 24hr responsibility for my care:
- No, the named accountable GP will not take on 24hr responsibility for your care, your named GP will purely oversee the care that you receive.
- Does this mean that I have the right to see my named GP every time I book an appointment:
- No, a patient can express who they would like to see, however, this may not always be possible due to appointment availability with that GP.
- Can patients still see any GP they wish:
- Yes, a patient can continue to see any GP they wish as they currently do.
- Will I be informed in writing who my accountable named GP is:
- No, your practice does not have to inform you in writing. If you would like to know who your named GP is then please contact the practice.
Download this poster: Named GP Poster