Doctors and Nurse Appointments
It is not a case of the receptionists being nosy!
The reception staff are members of the practice team and it has been agreed that they SHOULD ask patients the reason that they need to be seen. Reception staff are trained to ask certain questions in order to ensure that you receive:
- The most appropriate medical care
- From the most appropriate health professional
- At the most appropriate time
Receptionists are asked to collect brief information from the patients:
- To help doctors prioritise appointments, visits and phone calls
- To ensure that all patients receive the appropriate level of care
- To direct patients to see the Clinical Practitioner, Practice Nurse or other Health Professional rather than a Doctor where appropriate.
Reception Staff, like all members of the team, are bound by confidentiality rules.
Any information given by you is treated strictly confidentially. The practice would take any breach of confidentiality very seriously and deal with accordingly.
You can ask to speak to a receptionist in private.
Without this information we will be unable to prioritise your care.
How to see the Doctor or Nurse
We would like to encourage patients to make an appointment to see a Doctor or Nurse in advance, however we can give appointments on the day if it is urgent. Routine appointments can be booked two months in advance. It is always better if you can tell the receptionist why you need to see the Doctor or Nurse, so she can ensure you get the right appointment and the right amount of time.
A Doctor is available each weekday morning and afternoon by appointment or for emergencies ring between 8:30am -11:00am, on the day.
At 4:00pm each weekday afternoon we run a surgery for children only up to 11 years of age. Please arrive by 4:00pm. This is for children with acute illnesses only. Any long standing issues should be dealt with by appointment.
Morning Surgery – 2 Doctors
Monday – Friday 9:00am – 11:30am Appointments (ring before 11:00am if you have an urgent problem)
Afternoon and Evening
- Monday – Karen Bownes and Dr Richard Ayres
- Tuesday – Karen Bownes and Dr Mary Embleton
- Wednesday – Karen Bownes and Dr Richard Ayres
- Thursday – Dr Richard Ayres and Dr Pia Martinus
- Friday – Dr Andy Gaston and Dr Richard Ayres
Childrens surgery every day at 4:00pm appointments only with the duty doctor.
Appointments for the Nurse
We operate a booked appointment system for all clinics. When booking your appointment please let Reception know what your appointment is for, so that they can advise you when would be the best time for you to come and the length of appointment you require.