Even in this day and age there is still no magic cure for the common cold. Go to bed, take plenty of drinks. It is probably best to stay at home to avoid spreading your cold to others.
- Take it easy and rest if possible
- Keep warm, and keep the atmosphere moist
- Drink plenty of fluids, as you will lose a lot through mucus production and possibly perspiration
- Avoid smoking if possible, as it will further irritate the throat and the lining of the nose
- Take aspirin or paracetamol as per the dosage.